Parent’s & Friend’s Club Meeting –May 10, 2017
Meeting convened at 3:55 by Alanna
Attending: Katie Norton, Alanna Rich, Amy Tierney, Marci Train, Judy Stewart, Lynn LaMontagne, Lisa Fabiano, Lisa Kimball & Towanda Brown
Approved minutes from March 8th
Treasure Report from Judy:
- Savings: $ 4,789.40
- Checking: $ 4,545.17 (*includes $1,500 from greenhouse grant)
- Total: $ 9,3345.57
Judy to record how much was spent on the field trip to Golden Dragon & Planetarium Towanda thanked the group for the support for the edible art contribution
The store account is low, Katie made a motion to put $50 on the account, Marci seconded, voted unanimous.
- Backpack for Izzy – Judy has looked with Izzy and they will order one tomorrow. Katie made a motion to spend up to $40, Marci seconded, voted unanimous.
- School Auction:
o Alanna has 20 donations, gave copy of list to Amy to type up o Takingplaceatthecommunitycenter
o Setup will be from 12-3 and 5-7
Amy, Towanda and Katie will there for 12-3 shift
Amy will ask Barbara if she will help and monitor donations, turn away
Katie, Lisa K & Lynn will do 5-7 shift and get refreshments ready (popcorn &
coffee). Lisa F will arrive at 6
o Discussion of a BYOB – Marci will run it by Barbara Powers to see what she thinks, if yes
Lisa K will fill out paperwork at town hall on Thursday.
o Silent auction vs raffle was discussed, general consensus was to do silent auction along
the wall in the large room
o Katie will do bid sheets, noting $5 increments on bottom..
o People will bid with their number not their names
or signing people in & keeping track of winning bids and cashing people out
o Alanna will step in for Marci if anything happens preventing her from being there o Alanna will do thank you notes to the donors
o Possibly showing a movie in the other room for the kids during the auction
Memorial Day Flowers have been ordered from Katharine, Alanna will pick up and they will be planted on May 26th
- Field Day discussion – time has run out to organize an interisland event. We will have a family picnic – hot dogs and s’mores on the beach. Time and date to be determined. Possible dates were 6/14, 6/19 or 6/20.
- Marci asked for money for the Water Festival field trip – Amy made a motion for $100, Alanna seconded, voted unanimous.
- Note about graduation to go out in the notes – ‘Parents please bring a healthy snack to share’. Lynn made a motion to close the meeting at 4:40, all in favor.